DIKTI-funded Fulbright Grants for Indonesian Lecturers - PhD
Funded by the Government of Indonesia, this grant is for three years’ study at a US university to pursue a doctoral degree in any field of study except medical sciences. It is open to applicants who serve as permanent faculty members of state or private universities in Indonesia. In certain cases, grantees can request an exceptional fourth year if a substantial argument for it can be made.
This program is currently on hiatus in Award Year 2021-2022 pending funding decisions from the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture. Prospective applicants may still apply to the Fulbright Doctoral Degree (PhD) Scholarship.
Eligible Fields of Study
Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in the humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Applications in STEM fields are encouraged that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Be a lecturer at an Indonesian state or private university holding a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional or NIDN
- Fulfill other requirements established by RISTEK-DIKTI and set out yearly in its online scholarships guide
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, her or his chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that she/he can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the US
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to returning to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to sign an agreement with RISTEK-DIKTI promising to return to serve his/her home institution for a certain number of years before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program, according to prevailing RISTEK-DIKTI requirements
The applicants should:
- Hold a master’s degree (S2)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Be under 47 years of age
- Have a minimum institutional TOEFL ITP score of 575 or iBT score of 90/91, or IELTS equivalent
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the application form that can be downloaded at the bottom of this page and send it to the following RISTEK-DIKTI office address:
DIKTI-funded Fulbright Grants for Indonesian Lecturers
Direktorat Kualifikasi Sumber Daya Manusia
Direktorat Jenderal Sumber Daya IPTEK & DIKTI
Kementerian Riset, Teknologi, dan Pendidikan Tinggi
Jalan Pintu 1 Senayan, Lantai 5
Please send your complete application package, which includes the following materials, all submitted in English-language versions:
- Completed application form. This includes a clearly written and concise one-page study objective and 3-to 5-page research proposal
- Copy of your most recent, less than two years old, TOEFL ITP/iBT or IELTS score report
- Two letters of reference, from a lecturer/professor and work supervisor who knows you well
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
Applicants must also send a copy of that complete application package to AMINEF, either by mail or delivered in-person to:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is February 15.
*The exact deadline every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to 5:00 pm on the next business day.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program requirements are subject to change without notice.
Download application form
Last Updated: Dec 11, 2020 @ 1:44 pm