The US Department of State through AMINEF annually offers fellowships for Indonesians to participate in professional development or exchange programs in the United States. These non-degree programs provide opportunities to study at US colleges or universities. The grants are designed to improve skills and provide professional or educational development. Credits taken under these fellowships or grants are not intended to lead to a degree, although some grantees may obtain certificates upon completion. The fellowships are available to Indonesian citizens with the appropriate qualifications as specified in the program descriptions listed below.
Selection preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent US experience. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, status as a parent, or sexual orientation. Applications from qualified candidates beyond major cities on Java, e.g., eastern Indonesia, are particularly welcome.
- Be an Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents or citizens of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish a professional program in the US
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of this scholarship application
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the fellowship
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Completed application form
- Copy of your most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS score
- Two or more letters of reference from your current employer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport).
- Curriculum vitae
The scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellowship recipient’s home city to the host institution in the US
- Funding for tuition and program fees, living stipend, and related costs
- Accident and health insurance coverage per US Government guidelines