Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program
This non-degree program is for English-language teachers to teach Indonesian language for one academic year (nine months) at an American university as an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English-language proficiency, and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States. In turn, it is hoped that their teaching will strengthen the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities. Participants will teach up to 20 hours per week and enroll in at least two American Studies and Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL) methodology classes per semester.
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents or citizens of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Applicant must be residing in Indonesia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish a professional program in the US
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of this scholarship application
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the fellowship
The applicants should:
- Be early career educators
- Be capable of succeeding in the dual role of teaching assistant and student at an undergraduate or graduate host institution
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1), or master’s degree (S2)
- Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550 (= iBT 79/80) or IELTS equivalent
- Have a minimum of one year’s experience as a full-time English teacher or university lecturer
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Completed application form
- Copy of your most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS score
- Two or more letters of reference from your current employer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is April 15.
*The exact deadline every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be required to take Uji Kemahiran Berbahasa Indoneisa (UKBI) during the interview selection funded by AMINEF.
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the application form, which can be downloaded here and submit it and the supporting documents listed under “Submission Requirements” in hard copy only to AMINEF by mail, or drop them off in person before the application deadline to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
You can also request an application form via email by writing to email@example.com but we do not accept applications by email. Specific questions regarding the application process may also be addressed to AMINEF at that same email address.
Download application form