DIKTI-funded Fulbright Grants for Indonesian Lecturers – Visiting Scholar Program
Funded by the Government of Indonesia, this grant is for Indonesian scholars who hold a doctoral or equivalent degree and intend to carry out research for three to six months in the US.
This program is currently in hiatus in Award Year 2021-2022 pending funding decisions from the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture. Prospective applicants may still apply to the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program or to the Fulbright US-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program.
The applicant should:
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Are employees, close family members of an employee, or dependents of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the US or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years
- Are permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Have received a J-1 visa in the category of Professor/Research Scholar within the past two years
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or publishing doctoral dissertations.
The applicant should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation at time of application)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
The minimum period for an award is three (3) months, the maximum period is six (6) months. The grants are for scholars who will begin their work in the United States starting in July at the earliest, and the project should be completed by December 31.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is November 1.
*The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
- Interview Selection: December
- Nomination deadline for selected candidates: January 15
- Placement Process: February – June
- Pre-Departure Orientation: April
- Departure to US: July
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Printed online application form
- A project statement (three to five pages)
- Bibliography (up to three pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (if available)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the online application at the Institute of International Education (IIE) website https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020. Once completed, candidates should save the application in PDF format and upload it on the RISTEK-DIKTI online scholarship portal http://kompetensi.sumberdaya.ristekdikti.go.id/web along with other requirements listed.
Applicants must also send a copy of that complete application package to AMINEF, either by mail or delivered in-person to:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
Last Updated: Oct 14, 2020 @ 11:02 am