Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
The Fulbright Program is pleased to announce the opportunity for Indonesian academics and professionals who hold a doctoral or equivalent level degree to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts at an accredited university, or a public or private, non-profit research institute in the United States for a period of three to six months.
Interested researchers who are currently permanent lecturers at an Indonesian university and hold a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional, or NIDN should apply to the parallel program under Fulbright Grants for Indonesian Lecturers – Visiting Scholar Program.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and resident in Indonesia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Are employees, close family members of an employee, or dependents of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the US or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years
- Are permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Have received a J-1 visa in the category of Professor/Research Scholar within the past two years
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or completing doctoral dissertations
The applicants should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation at time of application)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
The minimum period for an award is three (3) months, the maximum period is six (6) months.
Grants will provide a monthly stipend; a direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket; professional and settling-in allowance; qualifying university lab and research fees, as necessary. No dependent support will be available.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate should access and complete the “online application” (https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars)
The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Printed online application form
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Bibliography (up to three pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (if available)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
The complete application including the above supporting documents should be submitted by November 1, 2018 by mail or in person to:
American Indonesian Exchange Program (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel: (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is November 1, 2018.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com