AMINEF invites you to a Fulbright-CSIS-USINDO panel discussion on “Politics and Religion in Indonesia” on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 12.00 – 15:00 at CSIS Auditorium, Tanah Abang, Jakarta.
This free event is part of a series of public events that AMINEF regularly organizes to share the work, ideas, and research results of Fulbright grantees and alumni and other scholars. AMINEF is pleased to be collaborating with the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, CSIS, and the United States – Indonesia Society, USINDO, in putting on this event.
Religious and political issues are often significantly intertwined in both Indonesia and the US. In Indonesia, the relative place of religion in the political sphere has become a contentious issue, and this was emphasized in the recent gubernatorial elections in 2017 and presidential election just completed. How religious minorities are treated in both countries is a continuing issue, for example.
The panel discussion participants are as follows:
1. Prof. Prof. Ronald Lukens-Bull, 2018 US Fulbright Senior Scholar, professor of anthropology and religious studies at University of North Florida, currently affiliated with UIN Sunan Kalijaga in Yogyakarta and doing research on “multicultural nationalism” (see his profile at: https://www.localhost/aminef/ronald-lukens-bull/)
2. Dr. Achmad Munjid, lecturer and researcher at UGM and a Fulbright alumnus (MA, religion, Temple University)
3. Ms. Nava Nuraniyah, Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict (IPAC)
4. Mr. Noory Okthariza, researcher at CSIS and 2014 Fulbright alumnus (MA, political science, Ohio University)
5. Ms. Titi Anggraini, Executive Director of Perkumpulan untuk Pemilu dan Demokrasi (PERLUDEM)
The event will be moderated by Dr. Philips Vermonte, Executive Director of CSIS and himself a Fulbright alumnus (PhD, political science, Northern Illinois University).
Please RSVP to Anita Dewi at email@example.com, as seats may be limited.
© 2019 AMINEF. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by Konsultan Website