Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (Fulbright DAI)
Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (FULBRIGHT DAI) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State and is administered by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX). Fulbright DAI offers an opportunity for outstanding primary and secondary-level school educators to come to the United States for a professional development program to the United States for a semester to pursue individual or group projects, take courses for professional development at a host university, and observe and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university or local primary and secondary schools.
The program will provide approximately 57 teachers with a unique opportunity to develop greater expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, increase their knowledge about the United States, and complete an individual or group project. Fulbright DAI will start in January 2020 and conclude in May 2020. Fulbright DAI is a semester-long non-degree, non-credit, professional development program at a U.S. university. Participants will audit courses in the host university’s School or Department of Education, and thus will be part of the general university community. The program will include opportunities to observe and co-teach with U.S. teachers in a U.S. school near the host university, in order to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided throughout the program.
The Fellowship provides:
- J-1 Visa support
- A pre-departure orientation held in participant’s home country;
- Round-trip airfare to and within the U.S.;
- A Welcome Program in Washington, D.C.;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical coverage (does not cover pre-existing conditions);
- Transportation to local schools (if necessary);
- A daily allowance for incidentals during the university academic program
- A baggage allowance;
- A technology allowance; and
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants for alumni in good standing.
- Be current primary and secondary school-level (SD/SMP/SMA or equivalent) full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in any disciplines
- Be an Indonesian citizen
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1) or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English with a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 500 or TOEFL iBT of 60/61, or IELTS equivalent
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program
- Primary and secondary level library media specialists, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, special education coordinators, and other educators including administrators who work with students at least fifty percent of their time may also apply to the program.
The most competitive applicants will have shown evidence of leadership in their schools or districts.
How to Apply
You have a choice of two ways to apply: submitting hard copies of application documents to AMINEF in Jakarta; or applying online. The details of the two options are as follows:
Option 1: Submit hardcopy of application documents to AMINEF office address
1. First, you should download the application form here and complete them in full
2. Then submit the completed form and the following items in hard copy to AMINEF:
Send or deliver to:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel: (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Option 2: Submit application online
You will need to complete the online application at the following link: here. The application link is also available on the program webpage:
irex.org/fulbright-dai. Before you complete and submit your online application form, you should download and read carefully the application guidelines here.
Please note that the following documents must be uploaded online in PDF format:
- Institutional Support and Reference Form (Part XII)
- KTP or passport (Part XIV)
- Transcript and diploma (Part XIV)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (Part XIV)
- Curriculum vitae (Part XIV)
The deadline to submit the complete application and the required documents is March 1, 2019.
*The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to: email@example.com.
Last Updated: Jan 18, 2019 @ 3:56 pm