Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA)
This non-degree program is for teachers of English or Indonesian-as-a-foreign language to teach Indonesian for one academic year at an American university. This is an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English-language proficiency, and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States. In turn, it is hoped that their teaching will strengthen the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities. Participants will teach up to 20 hours per week and enroll in at least two American Studies and Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL) methodology classes per semester.
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents or citizens of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Applicant must be residing in Indonesia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish a professional program in the US
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of this scholarship application
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the fellowship
The applicant should:
- Be an educator in the early stages of his or her careers (with a minimum of one year experience as a full-time English or Indonesian-as-a-foreign-language teacher at the secondary or tertiary level)
- Be capable of succeeding in the dual role of teaching assistant and student at an undergraduate or graduate host institution
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1), or master’s degree (S2)
- Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550, or iBT score of 79/80, or IELTS equivalent
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Completed application form
- *Copy of your most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS score
- *Three letters of reference from your current employer
- *Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- *Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- *Curriculum vitae
*Please upload these documents through your online application.
The deadline for the online submission of application materials for the program is extended to May 15, 2020.
*The exact deadline every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the online application before the extended deadline of May 15, 2020.
Please download the online application instructions for your reference.
Note to applicants who have submitted their applications in the form of hard copies to AMINEF office, please resubmit your applications through the above-mentioned link.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
Last Updated: May 18, 2020 @ 3:27 pm