Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
This is an opportunity for Indonesian academics who hold a doctoral degree and professionals with an equivalent level degree to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts at an accredited university or a public or private, non-profit research institute in the United States for a period of three to six months.
Grantees are advised to coordinate the starting date of their preferred program with the dates recommended by the American university in the event of any schedule changes on the university’s part.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and residents in Indonesia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Are employees, close family members of an employee, or dependents of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the US or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years
- Are permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Have received a J-1 visa in the category of Professor/Research Scholar within the past two years
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or completing doctoral dissertations
The applicants should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation at the time of application)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
The minimum period for an award is three months, and the maximum is six months. The earliest you can start your program is in Fall 2024 (August/September) or Spring 2025 (January). You must complete your program on or before May 31, 2025.
Grants will provide a monthly stipend; a direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket; professional and settling-in allowance, qualifying university lab and research fees, as necessary. No dependent support will be available.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must access and complete the online application, which will be available starting August 1, 2023. Before completing and submitting your online application form, you should download and read the application instructions carefully. Please download the application instructions.
The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Online application form
- *A project statement (three to five pages)
- *Bibliography (up to three pages)
- *Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- *Letter of invitation (if available)
- *Three letters of recommendation
- *Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and English translation)
- *Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
*Please upload these documents through your online application.
The deadline for submitting application materials for the program is November 1, 2023.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
Last Updated: Jul 31, 2023 @ 2:52 pm