Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
This is an opportunity for Indonesian academics who hold a doctoral degree and professionals with an equivalent level degree to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts at an accredited university, or a public or private, non-profit research institute in the United States for a period of three to six months.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, successful applicants to the Fulbright Visiting Scholar will need to be flexible about travel schedules and should prepare to be in close contact with their potential host institutions in the US to ensure that they are open to receiving international visitors as fellows.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and residents in Indonesia throughout the nomination and selection process
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Are employees, close family members of an employee, or dependents of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the US or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years
- Are permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Have received a J-1 visa in the category of Professor/Research Scholar within the past two years
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or completing doctoral dissertations
The applicants should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation at time of application)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
The minimum period for an award is three months, the maximum period is six months.
Grants will provide a monthly stipend; a direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket; professional and settling-in allowance, qualifying university lab and research fees, as necessary. No dependent support will be available.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should access and complete the online application. Before you complete and submit your online application form, you should download and read the application instructions carefully. Download the application instructions.
The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Online application form
- *A project statement (three to five pages)
- *Bibliography (up to three pages)
- *Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- *Letter of invitation (if available)
- *Three letters of recommendation
- *Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- *Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
*Please upload these documents through your online application.
The deadline for submitting application materials for the program is November 1, 2022.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: Sep 30, 2022 @ 3:34 pm